Mac N Cheeze
Mac and Cheese
- 1.5 cup cashew heavy cream
- 1 Roasted Red Bell Pepper or Pimento
- ½ cup roasted, pureed sweet potato
- ½ cup boiled or roasted yellow or white potato
- 1 tbsp roasted garlic puree (3 roasted cloves garlic)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp miso
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 lb whole wheat or brown rice penne
- Preheat oven to 425. Place whole, red bell pepper and cubed fresh or frozen sweet potato, 1 white or yellow potato, and cloves of garlic on large baking sheet. Roast for 20 mins then turn then over and roast an additional 15 min. While roasting, mix all dry seasonings into small bowl.
- When peppers and squash have finished roasting, allow to cool then peel skin off of bell pepper and remove seeds.
- Place roasted bell pepper, squash, garlic and the rest of wet ingredients into Vita-Mix or high powered blender and blend until creamy and smooth. If mixture is too thick, add additional almond milk or water until desired consistency is reached. Should be consistency of nacho cheese.
- Then add mixed seasonings to blender and blend until combined. You may also add cashew cream and blend until combined.
- Pour cheese sauce into small saucepan, then cook on low to medium heat for 5-10 mins Boil pasta, drain and pour sauce into pot of pasta. Mix well and serve!